Prospective College Athletes
STEPS YOU MUST TAKE TO PARTICIPATE IN NCAA ATHLETICS:
Freshmen & Sophomores Must:
- Start planning now!
- Take classes that match your high school’s NCAA list of approved core classes. The NCAA will only use approved core classes to determine eligibility.
- At the beginning of junior year, log on to the Eligibility Center web site at: www.eligibilitycenter.org and register.
- Register to take the ACT, SAT, or both and use the Eligibility Center code “9999” as a score recipient.
- Request an official high school transcript to be sent to the Eligibility Center after completing your junior year.
- Always continue to check your core courses are NCAA approved.
- You may take the SAT and/or the ACT as often as you feel necessary. The Eligibility Center will use the best scores from each section of the SAT or ACT to determine your best cumulative score.
- Review your amateurism questionnaire responses and request final amateurism certification beginning April 1 (for fall enrollees) or October 1 (for spring enrollees).
*FOR COMPLETE ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES AND APPROVED CLASSES PLEASE VISIT: www.eligibilitycenter.org
- Learn more about the NAIA here: http://naia.cstv.com/
- Students who plan to participate in sports in the NAIA for the first time in fall 2011 and later must register with the NAIA Eligibility Center to have their eligibility determined. Visit the NAIA Eligibility Center here: http://www.playnaia.org/