Community Relations : : School Messenger
The School Messenger service gives MCHS District #111 the ability to communicate with parents and staff regarding emergency situations, school events, and other important issues impacting you and your children. We are very pleased that we have the capability to share both emergency and informational items with parents in a very timely manner. By working together, this communication tool can become another successful method of keeping parents informed of events and information about the education of all MCHS children.
Phone Number & E-mail Information
Please help us by ensuring we have your current phone numbers on file in PowerSchool. Please be aware that the School Messenger service cannot dial an extension, so be sure the numbers you include are direct lines. Please also be sure that we have your current e-mail addresses on file in PowerSchool. Because phone and e-mail communication are capabilities of the School Messenger service, we want to make sure that you are able to receive messages
Types of Calls You May Receive
- An outreach message is a general announcement (may be campus or class related) that will be delivered to the Primary Phone (and Additional Phone, if requested) for each selected contact. An example of this may be an event reminder, such as late starts and early releases.
- An emergency message is a message scheduled to go to ALL available phone numbers (home/office/cell) and e-mail addresses for each selected contact. An example of this might be a weather-related school closing.
Important Call Delivery Notes
- When a call comes from the school (or district), the message recipient's caller ID will display the school’s phone number.
- When listening to a message, please be aware that background noise will cause the system to stop and start. It is calibrated to determine whether a person or a answering machine/voicemail has been reached, and background noise may affect the delivery. If possible, move to a quiet area, or press the "mute" button on your phone.
- If you missed any part of a message, please stay on the line and press the " * " (star) key on your phone to hear the entire message again.