Deans' Office : : Parking Procedures
2016-2017 School Year
The Deans’ Office will be selling parking permits at a cost of $125 to all seniors and only juniors who are currently enrolled in a GAVC class in which busing is not available. Students will not be sold a parking permit if they still owe current and/or previous school fees and/or need to meet any previous school obligations (including GAVC students).
Parking permits for CENTRAL CAMPUS SENIORS AND ONLY JUNIORS WHO ARE ENROLLED IN GAVC CLASSES IN WHICH BUSING IS NOT AVAILABLE will be sold on the following dates and times:
- Monday, August 8, 2016, from 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. in the Central Campus Career Center
- Tuesday, August 9, 2016, from 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. in the Central Campus Career Center
- Wednesday, August 10, 2016, from 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. in the Central Campus Career Center
Students planning to purchase a parking permit must keep the following in mind.
- Prior to purchasing a parking permit, students must have paid, in full, all outstanding school fees and/or obligations including the 2016-2017 school year fees by the date of permit purchase. Fees and obligations can be remitted to Kathy Krakowski, secretary to the Assistant Principal, at Central Campus.
- All students are required to have the following documents when purchasing a parking permit.
- A Student Parking Registration Form, which can be downloaded from the MCHS website.
- The vehicle registration for the vehicle that will be parked on campus.
- Proof of valid insurance on the vehicle that the student is registering.
- A valid Illinois Driver’s license.
Procedure for the Junior Lottery
Junior students may turn in completed parking permit applications on Monday, August 8, 2016, through Wednesday, August 10, 2016, from 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. in the Central Campus Career Center (if you are unable to submit your completed application during these set days and times, you will need to turn it in to the Central Campus Deans' Office after school begins).
Prior to purchasing a parking permit, students must have paid, in full, all outstanding school fees and/or obligations including the 2016-2017 school year fees, by the date of permit purchase. All applications collected during the three-day window in August will be entered into a junior lottery to determine placement on the junior waiting list. Junior lottery selection will begin once school has started. Once notified, selected juniors will have three days to purchase their permit. If the permit is not purchased within three days, the application will be placed at the bottom of the junior lottery.
Sophomore Parking Permits
Sophomore parking permits will be sold once school begins. More information will be provided by the South Campus Deans' Office once school starts.